Subject: Re: Ahem
Date: Sep 02, 2003 @ 06:49
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

welcome edward
thats me you are quoting
& mischaracterizing as complaining

explaining yes
as i will continue to do

but i am glad you have at least noticed our group manifesto
because that means you do grasp our special purpose

for as a group we are indeed especially devoted to multipointing
& i realize that is hard for many people to believe & accept
but it is in fact the special point & purpose of our group

thats just how we are constituted
& thank goodness
that is our single principle
i mean in addition to having fun obviously

& truly there is nothing wrong with members discussing anything
they like
including borders
rocks
whatever

however if a topic is off point then it is off point

i cant help that

nobody can help that
except by coming again to the point

& after 11 & a half thousand tries
believe me we have had plenty of unfocussed discussions
so we can stand it
but it is definitely worth remembering & pointing out what the
point is
because otherwise the discussion goes all over the place
& not where we are meaning & trying to go at all

fortunately there are a few multipoints on the mason dixon line &
the district of columbia border tho
so you ought to be able to enjoy yourself with us
& i certainly hope you will

a google search of boundarypoint plus your topic of interest will
give you a fair idea of what has been covered on it here so far

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Edward J.
<orc@o...> wrote:
> > jesper please
> > that isnt my wish nor my point
> >
> > & you know
> > jan takes such pride in misunderstanding me
> > & such pains to miss the point anyway
> > so really what did you expect
> >
> > my actual comment was even deleted
> > before the pouting ever began
> >
> > no wonder it was so easy to misunderstand me
> >
> > in fact i beg you to stay right where you are
> > & him to return as soon as he wishes
> >
> > & i will simplify & clarify further
> > because you are asking
> > even tho i think you too have already understood
> >
> > my point is
> > this is a multipointing group
> >
> > a group with not only a topic but a point
> >
> > & being on point as much as possible is the greatest part of
the
> > point
> >
> > i know you sometimes think this is an unnecessary
complication

> > but being off point is really the unnecessary complication
> >
> > & being off point deliberately & continuously is downright
> > centrifugal if not disregardful of what we ourselves have
created

> > & it needs to be pointed out because otherwise people
imagine
> > they are really on point when they are actually all wet
> >
> > & taking personal offense when it is kindly observed that you
are
> > all wet is wetter still
> >
> > & so why not just use ibrg for international border research
that
> > isnt on point at bp
> > for there at least such research is not an unnecessary
> > complication at all but the very essence & the point of the
group

> > after all didnt we create & promote & reserve it for that
> >
> > just as we created & reserved bp for multipointing
> >
> > really i thought we were trying to correct a misunderstanding
> > rather than just create more of it
> >
> > so i have to ask both of you
> > do you really seriously think i want you to leave
> > or are you just pouting & being provocative
>
> Look, I am new here and although I am interested in
boundaries, that isn't the main
> thing I'm interested in. But I thought this would be a cool place
to learn more about
> boundaries especially since I started looking up information
about the Mason-Dixon
> line on the internet. Now, once I'm accepted as a member, I
see somebody is
> complaining because another member posted information on
a boundary that is not a
> multi-point boundary.
>
> Please pardon while I quote the text at the beginning of this
group:

> "Welcome to BoundaryPoint! BoundaryPoint is an international
open discussion list for
> "pointers and bounders"...individuals who are interested in
finding, researching,
> photographing and discussing geopolitical boundary points,
especially those of a tri-
> state or multipoint nature. We discuss our various
"mini-expeditions" to these various