Subject: Re: Ahem an oyster & a pearl
Date: Sep 03, 2003 @ 00:30
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

> I quote the text at the beginning of this
> group:
> >
> > "Welcome to BoundaryPoint! BoundaryPoint is an
international
> open discussion list for
> > "pointers and bounders"...individuals who are interested in
> finding, researching,
> > photographing and discussing geopolitical boundary points,
> especially those of a tri-
> > state or multipoint nature. We discuss our various
> "mini-expeditions" to these various
> > unique points on the earth."

this was exactly correct when you quoted it
so it gives us a conveniently dated text for comparison
because you have just jogged my memory to reinstate a few of
our founding father bills original words that have been lost since
around message 619 about 3 years ago when they were
inexplicably shanghaied to taiwan
as you can see near the end of this slightly strange page
http://jidanni.org/geo/us_can1994
where the 3 additional words
those slightly strange
appear following the 3 dots & just before the familiar words
individuals who are interested in finding etc etc

& you can now also see the missing words reinstated near the
top of the bp home page

of course this new or rather old wording probably comes as no
surprise & may even be a welcome sight to our original charter
members who arrived before the message morphed

but i realize the great majority of our individuals
most of whom arrived after message 619
might have some reaction to being so suddenly characterized or
mischaracterized in this way

so in fairness to all
& also in view of the apparent confusion over the meaning of
especially
i believe the final wording of this our only known constitution
should remain an open question & subject to further discussion