Subject: Ahem
Date: Sep 02, 2003 @ 01:25
Author: Edward J. Cunningham ("Edward J. Cunningham" <edward.cunningham4@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> jesper please
> that isnt my wish nor my point
>
> & you know
> jan takes such pride in misunderstanding me
> & such pains to miss the point anyway
> so really what did you expect
>
> my actual comment was even deleted
> before the pouting ever began
>
> no wonder it was so easy to misunderstand me
>
> in fact i beg you to stay right where you are
> & him to return as soon as he wishes
>
> & i will simplify & clarify further
> because you are asking
> even tho i think you too have already understood
>
> my point is
> this is a multipointing group
>
> a group with not only a topic but a point
>
> & being on point as much as possible is the greatest part of the
> point
>
> i know you sometimes think this is an unnecessary complication
>
> but being off point is really the unnecessary complication
>
> & being off point deliberately & continuously is downright
> centrifugal if not disregardful of what we ourselves have created
>
> & it needs to be pointed out because otherwise people imagine
> they are really on point when they are actually all wet
>
> & taking personal offense when it is kindly observed that you are
> all wet is wetter still
>
> & so why not just use ibrg for international border research that
> isnt on point at bp
> for there at least such research is not an unnecessary
> complication at all but the very essence & the point of the group
>
> after all didnt we create & promote & reserve it for that
>
> just as we created & reserved bp for multipointing
>
> really i thought we were trying to correct a misunderstanding
> rather than just create more of it
>
> so i have to ask both of you
> do you really seriously think i want you to leave
> or are you just pouting & being provocative

Look, I am new here and although I am interested in boundaries, that isn't the main
thing I'm interested in. But I thought this would be a cool place to learn more about
boundaries especially since I started looking up information about the Mason-Dixon
line on the internet. Now, once I'm accepted as a member, I see somebody is
complaining because another member posted information on a boundary that is not a
multi-point boundary.

Please pardon while I quote the text at the beginning of this group:

"Welcome to BoundaryPoint! BoundaryPoint is an international open discussion list for
"pointers and bounders"...individuals who are interested in finding, researching,
photographing and discussing geopolitical boundary points, especially those of a tri-
state or multipoint nature. We discuss our various "mini-expeditions" to these various
unique points on the earth."

Note that this group is described as one devoted to discussing boundary points,
"espcially" those of a tri-point or multi-point nature. According to my dictionary,
"especially" is not the same as "exclusive". Which means that although most members
may prefer to discuss multi-points, there's nothing wrong with members discussing
other boundaries.

I've taken some nice pictures of the Mason-Dixon line, and two of the original
cornerstones of the District of Columbia. But perhaps I should wait before posting
those since neither of them are multi-points.

Sincerely,

Edward J. Cunningham
Silver Spring, MD