Subject: Re: MDROUAs+MDROUAn
Date: Aug 15, 2003 @ 08:26
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

A couple of remarks, Jesper:
--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>
wrote:
> http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/EART/x-ussr/100k/L-35-093.jpg

The tripoint will most likely have moved more to the east, as the
MDUA border has moved here. Remember there was a deal involving the
road in Palanca (MD), which was transfered to UA (acc. to MD in
ownership, not in sovereignty, but acc. to some UA sources, the road
_was_ ceded to the republic of UA - what is the truth here, I don't
know), and in return MD received a part of the railway installations
at Basarabeasca railway station, and 24 ha at Giurgiulesti,
stretching 430 m along the Danube. This is used to build a harbour
here.

> http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/EART/x-ussr/100k/M-35-138.jpg

Note that the tripoint falls in between to old ROSU markers, nos. 922
and 923! With the new border demarcation, I suspect the tripoint will
have got it's own markers here.

Peter S.

PS: for those who read Russian:
http://www.nm.md/daily/article/2001/07/24/0104.html