Subject: Re: [IBRG] Re: border X ing
Date: Aug 14, 2003 @ 17:07
Author: In Belize (Doug Murray (In Belize) <doug@...>)

Oh the pressure of BZGTMX!

But: I have found out information from the local Mennonite community
that there is a marker there of some kind (I remain skeptical) and I
have found a couple of young men that will take me there on off-road
motorcycle should I wish to go.

I will have to return to this area next week in rented car, and then go
with them. Arrangements will be made, have no fear.

Also, yesterday, we drove past a semi-official BZMX crossing located
Blue Creek Village, Belize and La Union, Mexico. There is a BZ customs
post (small) and a private operator of a small boat that ferries people
across the Hondo River. It costs US$1 to cross. On the MX side, there
is no customs house, just the village and a bar. A couple of MX
soldiers watch and ask for an entry fee to be paid (also US$1). No
stamps given!

We did not have time to cross, plus we did not want to leave our
television equipment unattended. However, we will be returning to Blue
Creek this weekend. We will definitely make this crossing to visit the
local MX bar for a beer! (Tecate)

More info on my travels at: www.roadspill.blogspot.com

Cheers from Belize!

Doug

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 01:54 AM, Peter Hering wrote:

> Good morning tripointers...!
>
> I do agree with both Jesper AND Rolf about
> this tripoint list...to me it doesn't really
> seem to be necessary...because we're such a
> small group, but it COULD inspire others...!
>
> How to count a tp visit: difficult..and again:
> I agree with Rolf, it's YOUR own feeling inside..
> have you been THAT close..so you feel you HAVE
> been there (or in the area..?)
> Personally I would even count a visit flying over
> a (tp) mountain top in a plane..!!
>
> so...it's still: R+P 25, J,H,+D 24 (but Doug's close
> to the top...!) ...
>
> you could also look at it the pedagogic way: by publi-
> shing "our" list we could "de"courage others..see what
> I mean..(it would be such a looong way for others to
> catch up on us...:-))
>
> all yours
>
> Pjotr
>

> Rolf Palmberg <rpalmber@...> wrote: