Subject: Re: Adjustment of 1912
Date: Jul 17, 2003 @ 11:08
Author: bjbutlerus ("bjbutlerus" <bjbutler@...>)

I don't really know what kind of rechanneling might take place during
a major flood, so I suppose a natural avulsion could have taken place
between 1862 and 1891.

I wish the USGS could tell us what information they used to construct
their map. I doubt that they just guessed. Hopefully the USACE map
did not simply propagate the guess. It is a much smaller scale map,
about 1:12000 and depicts the river and adjacent features in great
detail, hopefully with great accuracy.

So I guess I'll take my maps, questions, GPS, inner tube, and tape
measure out there for a look. Maybe some new information can be
gleaned during an extended field trip.

BJB