Subject: Re: SMOM map?
Date: Jul 10, 2003 @ 19:43
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

There are maps showing the property lines within which the SMOM
exersizes rights of extraterritoriality. I'm waiting to get them now,
but it'll be while; they're coming in hard copy. I've been given to
understand that the sovereignty (right of extraterritoriality) inside
the extraterritorial properties isn't as extensive as that of the
Vatican's properties in the city (outside of Vatican City State).

As a comaprison, for instance, for properties with embassy status -
the grounds and contents are sovereign extraterritorially (the host
has titular sovereignty and property rights may not necessarily reside
with the sending state). With properties that have consular status,
only certain installations within the property (i.e. safes) are
extraterritorially sovereign. "Come in Italy and put out the fire,
but don't touch the safe."

LN

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "chris schulz" <23568@g...> wrote:
> Hi,
> does anyone know about a map of SMOM, where one can see boundaries
around the buildings in Via Condotti and the Villa Malta on Monte Aventin?