Subject: Re: No claim on the CAUS
Date: Jun 10, 2003 @ 01:16
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

it is very odd when anything so obviously valuable & claimable
goes unclaimed

yet the gap is just what remains between the 2 conflicting but
equally principled & partially overlapping claims

& the usa isnt actually claiming less than its interpretation allows

moreover the difference happens to hinge specifically on
conflicting interpretations of an ile verte sort of landfall point
yikes

in fact this is none other than the terminal point of our original &
famous 54 forty or fight line itself

the usa claims that this point & parallel
which was set long before the days of unclos
is only an allocational line
& thus its landfall kiss on cape muzon is only a baseline point for
projecting american territorial sea

but canada considers this line & point as marking the actual
boundary

if i havent gotten that one backwards too
hahahaha

in any case
as was previously noted
this triangle is distinguished for being the most landward bit of
everyones water north of the antarctic

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:

http://www.craigmarlatt.com/craig/canada/canada&the_world/ca