Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] St Maarten
Date: Jun 08, 2003 @ 18:46
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <kevin@...>)

Len,

>does one leave the territorial waters of the UK to boat from UK to
>Northern Ireland?

From memory, the closest point between the UK mainland and Northern
Ireland is around 20 miles, and as the UK claims a 12-mile territorial sea,
it should be possible to cross entirely within territorial waters.

>I read that the Isle of Man has no territorial waters

I believe a 12-mile territorial sea is claimed around the Isle of Man, but
I'm afraid I don't know whether this is considered to be its own waters or
an extension of the UK's.

Cheers,

Kevin Meynel