Subject: Re: re new afcntj or old afcnsu map
Date: Jun 06, 2003 @ 12:43
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

thanx artur

you have clearly hit the china kazakh kirghiz triarea here
& possibly also as far southwest as the china kirghiz tajik area
since this tien shan range trends southwest & northeast
so thats possibly 2 birds with one stone

but dropping still farther south
down by the wakhan corridor & along the afghan china border
i believe the mountains there are usually called pamirs

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Artur Kroc" <kroc@i...>
wrote:
> Here is an article about Tien Shan mountains, fargment I tried
> translate:
> http://www.risk.ru/rus/regions/tienshan/index/
> Tien Shan mountains
> Tien Shan is a chinese word meaning "blue mountains". It's a
great
> mountain chain (systeme), which expands in western Kirgistan
and
> eastern China. Its southern and "remote
western"/westernmost ridges
> occur in Kazakhstan, and north-western parts "reach" borders
of
> Uzbekistan and Tadjikistan. Inside of ex-USSR teritory Tien
Shan are
> 1200 km long and 300 km wide. It's bordering with Ili valley on
> north, with Fergana valley on south, and with Pamir mountains.
/.../