Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] particular mexican spots
Date: Jun 04, 2003 @ 19:07
Author: John Seeliger ("John Seeliger" <jseelige@aaahawk.com>)

From: <
orc@orcoast.com>
To: <
BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 9:28 PM
Subject: [BoundaryPoint] particular mexican spots

href="mailto:BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com">BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "John Seeliger"
size=2>jseelige@a...> wrote:

> > BTW, I may be going to Mexico (Monterrey and
Saltillo) at the
> end of this month.  Any particular spots nearby
that anyone would
> want a photo of, if I have a chance?

Well, we are finally into the month of Junuary, and I just got around to
making my trip.  I made it to Monterrey.

> great
> of course
all the tristate points on eastern mxus are still
> premium targets &
practically virgins
> should you be passing by with a good enough
map

&
> challenging that a photo of even just an ordinary domestic

tristate point
> nay
> of even just an ordinary domestic state line
marker
> anywhere within that country
> would be totally
novel

> if you travel by car between monterrey &
saltillo
> at about the halfway point you will have a crack at
mx2conu
> the coahuila & nuevo leon state line
> where there
might conceivably be a road stone waiting for you
> but we simply have no
clue yet as to what to expect there
> or on any state line within
mexico

Would you believe a white sign with black letters that says:

"Termina Taumulipas Principia Nuevo Leon"

Then a green sign that says "Bienvenidos a Nuevo Leon"?

I didn't have my camera ready the first time, so I had to stop on the way
back and take the other pic first, then cross the median take the one going other way , run way down, to take the "Bienvenidos a Nuevo Leon" one.

I didn't see a road stone.

> if you get the chance to
reconnoiter a little farther afield tho
> about 100km south of saltillo
there may be a truly great prize
> the probably difficult to impossible
mx2conusaza
> or the legendary mexican 4corners point
> where the
states of san luis potosi & zacatecas are believed to
> meet the above
pair
If you every decide to seek this point and you spend the night in Monterrey on the way there, let me recommend the Howard Johnson Macroplaza.  I booked it for 3 nights on expedia and it was ~1800 pesos total (about $50 per night), but I am going to set up a web page with info on how to get around there as downtown Monterrey is a bit confusing.  BTW, the Museo de Metropolitiano Monterrey, next to the HoJo had a map showing these four states.  An old map, there are not show as touching.  I think NL was cut off from SLP, but I might be misremembering.  No photos were allowed in there.

I have not yet developed the photos from the NL-TM border or the ones I took on the International Bridge Walkway in Laredo.  I was told I could not take pictures in the US direction, but I had taken a few three days earlier from the CIETV where you get permits in Mexico.  The reason they have watermarks on them is my scanner s/w won't work and I needed to download a few program.  There are two more, but they would put this over the 1 MB limit.  I will send in a day or two.

Looking directly across the Rio Grande from CIETV