Subject: Re: particular mexican spots
Date: Jun 04, 2003 @ 21:33
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

john
welcome back & well done

> > even just an ordinary domestic state line marker
> > anywhere within that country
> > would be totally novel
> >
> > if you travel by car between monterrey & saltillo
> > at about the halfway point you will have a crack at mx2conu
> > the coahuila & nuevo leon state line
> > where there might conceivably be a road stone waiting for
you
> > but we simply have no clue yet as to what to expect there
> > or on any state line within mexico
>
> Would you believe a white sign with black letters that says:
>
> "Termina Taumulipas Principia Nuevo Leon"

ahh yes i would
but between monterrey & laredo rather than saltillo
which i gather must be what you meant

& it jogs deja vus of others i may have seen elsewhere long ago
without realizing their significance at the time

but even so
& even if its no nonsense simplicity wasnt already convincing
i think the apparent absence of a road stone or any other obvious
marker there in such a critical location probably means this sign
itself is the interstate boundary demarcation
& possibly the closest thing there is to a real state line marker
anywhere in mexico
since its placement & style do make it seem federal or mutual
particularly in relation to the partisan nuevo leon welcome sign

so this does indeed appear to be the first sighting of its kind ever
reported here
which alone is a most exciting event
even without the promised pic

> Then a green sign that says "Bienvenidos a Nuevo Leon"?
>
> I didn't have my camera ready the first time, so I had to stop on
the way
> back and take the other pic first, then cross the median take
the one going other way , run way down, to take the "Bienvenidos
a Nuevo Leon" one.

> I didn't see a road stone.
>

> > if you get the chance to reconnoiter a little farther afield tho
> > about 100km south of saltillo there may be a truly great prize
> > the probably difficult to impossible mx2conusaza
> > or the legendary mexican 4corners point
> > where the states of san luis potosi & zacatecas are believed
> > meet the above pair
> the Museo de Metropolitiano Monterrey, next to the HoJo had a
map showing these four states. An old map, there are not show
as touching. I think NL was cut off from SLP, but I might be
misremembering.

or it could just be typically fuzzy mexican mapping

pending any harder evidence tho
i am still inclined to trust arifs call
that this hoped for conusaza quadripoint is very probably all there

but the question is
will it be marked

> I have not yet developed the photos from the NL-TM border or
the ones I took on the International Bridge Walkway in Laredo. I
was told I could not take pictures in the US direction, but I had
taken a few three days earlier from the CIETV where you get
permits in Mexico.

aha interesting
clearly you could take them
& all the green across the middle of the pic must be the rio valley

> I will send in a day or two.

great
thanx