Subject: mbsk
Date: May 31, 2003 @ 02:09
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

ahh then doug you have placed your grandparents right next to
one of the most mysterious lines on the face of the earth

the crazy stairstepping mbsk line

you can even see one of its stairsteps in your map link
right behind the house

& nobody knows why the federal government circa 1890 caused
this boundary to stagger its way north in such a peculiar way with
dozens of little jogs like yours
yet at highly irregular intervals

it is as if the survey crew just went off on a bender every so often

yet always in the same erratic direction

& not even the provincial surveyors societies have a clue about it

sure would like to know if anyone can figure that one out tho

but to come to the point of your question
i dont doubt there must be a bunch of these monuments all up &
down the line
but particularly at all the stairstep turnpoints

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray
<doug@d...> wrote:

> Great Pics, Mike.
>
> The pinkish one looks exactly like the marker I remember from
near my
> grandparents farm.
>
> That marker was located on Thunderhill. The MB-SK border
ran over the
> "mountain."
>
> Thunderhill is located just north of Highway 49 which runs from
Arran,

http://www.becquet.com/director/maps/Pelly.htm