Subject: world class coastal boundary roundup
Date: Dec 17, 2002 @ 06:36
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

besides the cygb coastal boundary just confirmed by grant
& the weird cafr coastal boundary also just contemplated
there is in addition the esfr condo coastal boundary
as originally reported by peter in message 1577
complete with a sketch

but it appears on closer examination that the hoped for hnnisv
tridominium coastal probability has pooped out
since it only abuts the closing line of the gulf of fonseca
rather than any actual coastline per se
& it still lacks the necessary tripartite ratification anyway

so the grand total of confirmed international coastal boundaries
holds steady at 1
& perhaps another half or so
depending on what & how anyone cares to count

but all 3 remaining candidates are special cases
1 clave
1 condo
& 1 metabounder

so theres nothing normal or ordinary yet in this entire category

but how could there be
since normally the sea is supposed to follow the land
& does

hmm
that leads me to wonder if the south orkneys or any other islands
lying south of s lat 60 might qualify
since they can have no maritime territory
per the antarctic treaty

but then do these islands even have a nationality any longer
or is it just everyones land meeting everyones water there
as is the case along the coast of antarctica itself

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002
<orc@o...>" <orc@o...> wrote:
> absolutely
> its a winner
> the winner
> thanx
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Grant Hutchison"
> <granthutchison@b...> wrote:
> > > & it looks like the map needed for confirming the coastal
> > > boundary may be found at this expired link in message
2155