Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] DELU condo origins
Date: Jul 19, 2001 @ 19:30
Author: Mats Hessman (Mats Hessman <blofeld_es@...>)

> > I have procured a copy of the "Grenzvermessung
> > Deutschland-Luxemburg" from the Landesvermessungsamt
> > of Rheinland-Pfalz.
>
> Does it contain the the southern Vianden binational
> tripoints? If it does please post it.

No. There are example maps in the back, but none of
them show any of the tripoints/lines in any detail.

> > I don't know if this is old news by now, but it
> > seems that the condominum stems from the Grenzvertrag
> > vom 26. Juni 1816 zwischen die Niederlande und Preussen.
> >
> > The first paragraph of Article 27th says (my translation):
> >
> > Everywhere where waterways constitute the border,
> > shall the waterway belong equally to both states,
> > unless otherwise is specifically stated.
>
> Is the book(?) defining the dondominium border? Water edge?

Yes, I think it defines the condominium border. The book is
in German, so I can digest it only slowly. I do not yet
know if the water edge is the condominium border, or
if it is otherwise defined.