Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Baarle Military Map
Date: Jun 27, 2001 @ 00:59
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

>But the Dutch map is much more recent than the Belgian one, and it
>does show the Withagen enclave, the most recent one. This one the
>Belgian map doesn't show.

But in the wrong place, and 4x too large!
It is not the square of forest it is marked on.
On the NE side of what is shown as Withhagen are two rectangular fields, one
with a small bridge over the drain that lines their NE side.
The easternmost of these two fields is the true location of withagen, which
occupies the northern third of this easternmost field, in other words the
portion of the field between the 'a' and 'g' in the word Withagen on the map
50B Breda.

I have written to TDN about this, and they said they would check to see if I
was correct! I got the information fomr the cadastral authorities in Breda
who have the original maps of the enclaves, and who should know. So we will
see if it is changed in the next edition. Dutch mpping has a 2 year revision
programme currently.

Also,besides H7 De Louveren (H7), H18 AND H12 are missing fomr Dutch sheet
50G Baarle-Nassau!!! And an inadvertent piece of boundary is shown at 1215E,
3803N.
Sloppy.

BW