Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Baarle Military Map
Date: Jun 27, 2001 @ 01:18
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

>By the way, on the www.tdl.nl website, a series of sheets at 1:10 000 is
>also
>available. Are they as good as the 1:25 000? Preferrable perhaps, regarding
>their accuracy?

Exactly the same information as the 1:25 000 maps, but in black and white,
not colour, so details such as cultivated fields vs pasture, shown by yellow
and green on the 1:25k maps, as absent. Basically you get the line work of
the 1:25 000 maps, not the colours.
They only come flat, not folded, so are a little more expensive to post.
They have no more detila than the 1:25000, they are just an enlargement of
the 1:25000maps, but the line work is finer, so it is not like they have
just enlarged it on a xerox so the lines come out fat and ugly. Exactly the
same linework, but thinner than a straight enlargement, so the detail of the
boundaries of the enclaves is easier to see.

>You referred to the inaccuracy in this scan I have of the military map.
>That is
>the small Dutch slice southwest of enclave N5 you are referring to, isn't
>it?

Yes.

BW