Subject: London underground and Russian pene-enclave
Date: Jun 15, 2001 @ 09:26
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

You're right. Me shooting my keyboard off again.

and about Aldwych. I meant Aldgate, at the eastern edge of the Circle Line.
Sorry.
I'll have to dig out the photo.

But aldwych is kinda cool, huh? I couldn't get onto a tour when I was there.
But they do tours of the disused sydney underground stations too over here,
and of the Beijing airraid tunnels east of Qianmen gate. No maps of those
available though (well, only one, a panel on a tunnel wall, with "no photos"
written on it).
But even the underground in Beijing was offlimits to non-Chinese until the
late 1980s.

Brendan