Subject: Re: Estonian map
Date: Jun 14, 2001 @ 14:14
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Great stuff, Andres, thank you!

You say that the Duma is possibly not going to ratify the new
boundary. But does Estonia agree? After all, this would mean that
they give up the claims to the Russian territory that belonged to
Estonia during the Interbellum, but was incorporated into the RSFSR
afterwards. As far as I can remember, it is an area around Ivangorod,
and some land south of the Pskov lake (around Pechory). I always
thought that this was a hot item in Estonia.

It is nice to see (in map 3) the tiny Russian territory of Dubki
again. I have seen a very good map of the area on the internet
somewhere (I can't think of it now where that was, but surely someone
at BP does know, because I think I found it through here). It is the
little piece of Russia south of Kulkna island. Dubki belongs to the
main land, but can only be reached from the rest of Russia by boat.
I.e., the Russian version of the N.W. Angle!

Peter S.