Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] More holes in the world EEZ
Date: May 18, 2001 @ 00:19
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

There are 2 interesting NZ stamps in this regard.
One 20c one came out in the mid 70s, showing the EEZ. It shows the 2 holes
in the mid and south sections, and Kermadec EEZ connected at the SE with the
rest of the EEZ, and an indentatyion of high seas from the NW, not a third
hole. Marked are lat and longs 170 and 180E and 30,40 & 50S.
The other, 24c, late 70s/early80s, showed just NZ itself and some undersea
contour line in light blue with a faintly darker blue further out. The
contour line isn't given a figure or name. The 174E and 42S lat and long are
marked.