Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] caus straight or irregular
Date: May 04, 2001 @ 15:04
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

according to the ibc data
there are only 9 monuments anywhere in this series lying anywhere within 5
feet of the true 49th parallel

420
492
493
494
581
878
879
880
881

& of these
given the roughly footsquare ground area occupied by each obelisk
& even allowing the yardsquare area occupied by some foundations
probably few if any of them actually straddle the 49 00 00 00 footline
or the 49 00 00 000 inchline
not to mention the 49 00 00 00000 hairline

how close the truest & therefore happiest obelisk tip may lie to the true
49th parallel hairline is anyones guess
but my guess is that the most accurate of all is still likely to be a few
inches off