Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] caus straight or irregular
Date: May 04, 2001 @ 00:19
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

http://www.geocan.nrcan.gc.ca/ibc/coordinates/SECT-M-83.txt
offers a fully illuminated & enjoyable ride west to east
from which i was able to extrapolate the following data
showing that there are only 2 concentrated areas of disturbance
where all the significant lurches occur
namely from monument 43 to 65 & from 478 to 480
but the single greatest lurch occurs between monuments 49 & 50
in the cascades
to see which ask topozone for bearpaw mountain
but i can tell you it will still be imperceptible
where the latlong ratio or deviation from due east reaches about 1 second
of yaw per minute of run
equating to several degrees of compass arc

monument sequence tendency gradient extremity of lat

0>2b 35>37 northward gradual 49d 00m 08s 8t nmost
35>37 38>43 southward gradual 08 7
43 50 south steep 48 59 50 3 smost
50 52 minuscule none ditto
52 62 north steep 59 8
62 63 minuscule none ditto
63 65 north steep 49 00 03 3
65 347 mixed s&n gradual 48 59 48 0 new s
347 478 mixed s&n gradual
478 480 north steep
480 912>tpbb mixed s&n gradual

the northernmost point appears also to be among the westernmost
specifically somewhere still unknown in western point roberts
891 feet 4 inches too far north of the true 49th parallel

& the southernmost is at monument 347 between sweetgrass & whitlash montana
1215 feet 5 & a half inches too far south

more coming in next message