Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] caus straight or irregular
Date: May 03, 2001 @ 20:09
Author: Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen ("Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

That rises a few questions:

1) Is the CA-US border (Lake of the Woods to Point Roberts) the 49th parallel and the markers wrong? Do the local know the actual border?

2) Are the markers right? When and why did they change from the 49th parallel? How long is the longest regular stretch?

A similar question came up when I studied Peter Herings new dedk pictures on http://www.geocities.com/mafiapetedk. http://geocities.com/mafiapetedk/borderdedk3b.html show marker 245 in the road and 246 just behind/right of the the tall metal post. If I follow the line from 245 I do not hit 246, which means

1) I am optical deceived (Which I doubt as 245 is almost level with the ground)

2) The marker lines are wrong

3) There is a bend between the markers.

Jesper