Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Fiat boundaries
Date: May 02, 2001 @ 19:50
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

slight retrenchment from previous exuberance

since both of the tripoints defining the wet singular fiat chad nigeria
boundary are legally indefinite & have apparently been stated so far only
in terms of approximate geocoordinates
the boundary line itself is actually still more theoretical than real
& is thus still without relation to physical matter
so the subatomic particle claim i made earlier was fantastic
as you probably already realized anyway

however if the tripoints do ever get pinned absolutely to any coordinates
whatsoever
the present state of gps survey art at degminsec plus 5 decimal places
would be able to at least plot any of the points on such a real line
with an overall deviation of less than 1 third of a millimeter

by contrast on the dry single fiat boundaries
any line of demarcation is most likely to deviate much more than that
assuming a series of markers rather than just 1 at each end

so you still have in lake chad very probably the purest & truest
international boundary
but not quite the accomplished fact nor the laser line i had imagined