Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Oman/UAE
Date: Apr 28, 2001 @ 02:17
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

>If someone really, really would like to
>know more about the Oman/UAE border, the
>litterature mentioned on this link might
>be a place to start:
>
>http://www.archiveeditions.co.uk/Leafcopy/575-9.html
>
>Mats

of course
& especially since aeomsa is there
the only aeom tricountry point
if we are still not counting everyones land as a country

but since aeomsa seems to have been marked only in 1995
& by an omsa rather than an aeom survey
& since the books were published in 1994
we might have to pay 3 grand to learn little more than we already know
which is only that the putative tripoint may be definite or still indefinite
& thus may or may not actually be marked yet by either the initial or
terminal monument of the 341 stone omsa series
tho such a marker could be standing beneath as much as 200 vertical meters
of drifting sand
& is likely adrift itself as well in relation to the still incomplete aeom
boundary & the still nonexistent aesa boundary
according to various gleanings from ibru & the cia

but the crazy quilt of uae internal boundaries
which these books also cover
& for which i still cant do better than this slow loading & probably
outdated 1984 map
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/middle_east_and_asia/UnitedAra
bEmirates.jpg
is however a whole nother question
promising perhaps 1001 nights of second order clavic & punctoscopic delight

so bring on the trucial multistate points especially any way you can get them
as they could be the hottest secondaries in the world
& lets not be distracted by any dancing girls or anything
from beaming up & zeroing in on them all

polyomphaloskeptically