Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Enclaves
Date: Apr 25, 2001 @ 04:17
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

>1) Rolf's page gives two Cypriot enclaves within the Sovereign Base
>Area in Cyprus. But Appendix G to the Constitution of Cyprus
>(www.pio.gov.cy/cygov/constitution/appendix_g.htm)
>specifically mentions three - Ormidhia, Xylotimbou and the area
>around the Dhekelia Power Station. Certainly I'm still seeing maps
>that show a hint of an international border at Dhekelia, and the
>power station is still in operation according to recent news reports
>of people blockading the road to it. So has something happened to the
>ownership of the area, or is this a third Cypriot enclave?

There are 4. The two villages and two areas around the powerstation, divided
by a British road. One is on the coast, so it technically not an enclave,
BUT it has no territorial sea, so IS enclaved by British waters and land.
The other, inland of the British road, is an enclave proper.

>2)Peter Hering's fine Caucasus map shows two additional enclaves that
>Both of these could become Azeri enclaves in either an independent
>Nagorno-Karabakh or an N-K as part of Armenia, with or without the
>Lacin corridor. (Then again, current negotiations seem to require the
>return of the existing Azeri and Aremenian enclaves, so maybe the N-K
>enclaves will disappear too.)

Different maps of NK show different enclaves. I think there are around 6 or
so.

BW