Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: tripoint atchlin
Date: Apr 02, 2001 @ 16:52
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

>No, not quite... Sorry for that. The tripoint is just behind the
>photographer.
>
>Peter S.

finally something in all this i can agree with absolutely peter

but i would add that these tripoint vista pix
& all your other additions to our liechtenstein portfolio are terrific
enhancements as usual in any case

most notably your highpoint improvement
thanx to a peak i mistook to be entirely in switzerland
but i think you are probably right about this

& your naafkopf pic is both handsomer & closer than mine
& almost perfectly definitive as a tripoint shot
so there is scarcely any possible doubt that we have made this point now

but frankly i was also hoping if i just waited long enough you would
rethink & retract your guesses about my atchlis photo try also

if i am mistaken about it
as i believe you still believe
i will of course blame my execrable french

for despite the possible identification of the village as malbun
my reading of the actual presentation & photo caption etc told me
this was the 6th in a series of cloudwalking liechtenstein pix
which you can see all of by just changing the page number in the url
for example
http://liechtensteinfl.tripod.com/page5.html

in one place there your highpoint is essentially confirmed
& even elevated by a full meter
but the above page especially seems to me to support my atchlis view
as it seems to deliver us atop the malbun ski lift on mt augstenberg
in preparation for our final vista on page 6
not facing back northeastward toward malbun again
but continuing to point southeastward toward naafkopf

& doesnt the french say on page 6
if you are in physical form
a nice pun i thought
this crowfly continues all the way up mt augstenberg 2359m
where i figure the camera has to be now
only to drop down again to pfalzerhutte 2109m
the valley presumably depicted here
before the difficult reascent to naafkopf 2570m
also seemingly very clearly depicted
& indeed the focal point
way up there la
evidently also marking the natural conclusion of this journey

the shadow if that is what it is could easily have been cast from the
west on a september afternoon

so i continue to like my guess
while i admit i too dont absolutely know that your guess is wrong

btw the excellent swissgeo zoomable site among arifs links is also a great
help with liechtenstein