Subject: Re: exclaves of everyones land revised
Date: Mar 22, 2001 @ 17:37
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., michael donner <m@d...> wrote:
the really wonderful news for me & i think for everyone here is that
> your dialog does at the same time positively mark the first
multilateral
> recognition of the reality & sovereignty of everyones land
> because you couldnt be discussing matters quite this way if you
hadnt both
> first understood & at least provisionally agreed with what i was
talking
> about

Well, I am from that same country Hugo de Groot came from. There were
no territorial zones or EEZ's then. Brittannia was a bit possessive
about the waves, but De Groot said the sea is everyones playground.

But in the world we live in, it is a good thing to set some rules
about this playground.

Peter S.