Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Okino-tori Shima/Parece Vela
Date: Mar 20, 2001 @ 17:27
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

well peter at least yours was a relatively small bubble that burst here

this incredible new site has me bouncing completely off the wall because it
actually revives the 200 point trial balloon i originally floated way back
in message 247 & then recently unfloated in message 1786 because i wrongly
concluded that the data necessary to complete the try would be too
expensive & elusive in my lifetime

but the level of sheer detail that is promised in this site
by the pakistan sample for example
& by the ability of projecting hypothetical median lines with precision
etc
actually fulfills the wish i expressed in 247 & abandoned in 1786
hahahahaha

indeed from what they are already showing here
it probably only remains to see whether their gis system can sort out the
spratly islands & a few other notable messes
& we will have our global register of actual & putative tripoints
both the territorial ones & the eez ones
complete & up to date