Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] schley taylor georgia boundary cross & clave
Date: Mar 05, 2001 @ 23:10
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

IN terms of nomenclature, while in Tasmania recently, I noticed old French
maps didn't call the Tasman peninsula in SE Tas a peninsula, but rather a
"Presqu'ile" i.e. "Presqu'ile de Tasman".
For the nonromantics, that is literally "Tasman almost-island" or
"near-island". Which makes sense given the neck of the penn. is 100m wide.

Brendan