Subject: Sv: [BoundaryPoint] BRD - DDR query
Date: Jan 27, 2001 @ 18:38
Author: Peter Hering ("Peter Hering" <hering@...>)

Dear Mats,
thanks for kind remarks about our group ! Yes, we all
get lots of information and news all the time, much of
it quite new and exciting...
Re. your query about the "inner-German border".
I've personally visited a lot of border crossings at
this border and taken quite a few pictures, some of them
will be exposed on my site later on - especially Berlin
had always been my favorite place... who could ever
forget "Die Mauer"...!?!
Yes, in Berlin they keep some of the remainders from
the Wall, a piece of it is situated very close to "Potsdamer
Platz" in the very center of Berlin - and there are a few
other places !
I submit details as attachment - it's a pamphlet written in
German, but as you know: real border freaks speak all
languages...!-----
As for the rest of the boundary line: many attempts have
been made to keep some pieces of the walls, fences,
watchtowers ... I'll also submit an article on a very famous
village that had been divided by the boundary line for
almost 40 years... it's in Danish (det skulle vist ikke vaere
noget problem for dig...!)

The attachments will be sent to your personal address !
All the best
Peter