Subject: Re: Sv: [BoundaryPoint] BRD - DDR query
Date: Jan 28, 2001 @ 08:51
Author: kahbeh@hotmail.com (kahbeh@...)

hello,

compared to the "good old times" (which were not good by the way)
most of the border is gone.

However if you take highway "A24" from Hamburg to Berlin, yu can
still see the former check point near Gudow, also notice that there
are two road-restaurants within a mile.

On the "A2" Hannover-Magdeburg they even opened a memorial annex
museum at the former border crossing.

best regards
Bernd Kueck