Subject: Re: daily caus line
Date: Nov 10, 2003 @ 12:58
Author: Michael Kaufman ("Michael Kaufman" <mikekaufman79@...>)

Point 44: akbcyt
possible pic (?) at:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/91730697/91731942vAvrvw
However the caption does say "Flags at international border --
Alaska/Yukon Territory" omitting BC. Yet still, the flags of the
Yukon, British Columbia, and Alaska fly there with the two national
ones. Can not see any bordermarkers. Can anyone who has been here
confirm or deny this as the tp (area)?
-Mike K.
ps - I like Point 11 if it exists - would be even sweeter if it
existed in a canyon...

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, michael donner <m@d...> wrote:
> in view of the lingering uncertainties about the status of many
canadian
> american tripoints some comprehensive reassessment of them is long
overdue

> & yet such a try will surely also be premature in relation to the
> additional new information that is imminently expected
>
> but ongoing revision is likely to be necessary for a long time to
come anyway
> so no harm & hopefully some benefit in the following full
inspection tour
> [...]
>
> probable
> 28 causwa2 canada united states washington second
> at 3 mile limit east of point roberts
> no known visits
>
> confirmed
> 29 bccawam british columbia canada washington middle
> at median coastal transit of bcwa survey line
> at east side of point roberts
> no known recorded visits
>
> confirmed
> 30 bccawaw british columbia canada washington west
> at westernmost coastal transit of bcwa survey line
> at west side of point roberts
> no known recorded visits
>
> probable
> 31 causwa3 canada united states washington third
> at 3 mile limit west of point roberts
> no known visits
>
> probable
> 32 causwa4 canada united states washington fourth
> at 3 mile limit nw of patos island
> no known visits
>
> probable
> 33 causwa5 canada united states washington fifth
> at 3 mile limit nw of waldron island
> no known visits
>
> probable
> 34 causwa6 canada united states washington sixth
> at 3 mile limit ne of stuart island
> no known visits
>
> probable
> 35 causwa7 canada united states washington seventh
> at 3 mile limit sw of pike pt on san juan island
> no known visits
>
> disputed
> 36 akcaus1 alaska canada united states first
> at 3 mile limit sw of cape muzon on dali island
> only if canadian claim is sustained
>
> disputed
> 37 akcaus2 alaska canada united states second
> at 3 mile limit east of cape muzon on dali island
> only if canadian claim is sustained
>
> disputed
> 38 akcaus3 alaska canada united states third
> at 3 mile limit sw of cape chacon on prince of wales
island
> only if canadian claim is sustained
>
> disputed
> 39 akcaus4 alaska canada united states fourth
> at 3 mile limit se of cape chacon on prince of wales
island
> only if canadian claim is sustained
>
> disputed
> but
> probable
> 40 akcaus5 alaska canada united states fifth
> at 3 mile limit sw of the lord islands
> exact position depending on which claim is sustained
> note
> to complicate things even further in this vicinity
> there are 2 water areas claimed neither by canada nor the united
states
> yet situated partly or entirely within 3nm of alaska
> so additional strange tripoints could result
>
> disputed &
> unlikely
> 00 akcaus6 alaska canada united states sixth
> 00 akcaus7 seventh
> at 3 mile limit se of lord islands
> only if american claim is sustained & 3nm limit is
reached