Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Baarle, was: Geographic anomalies
Date: Dec 30, 2000 @ 21:30
Author: Mats Hessman (Mats Hessman <Mats@...>)

Jesper commented:

> >< I did know of the Dutch enclaves within Belgium.
>
> >Plural? Are there more than one? I managed to find one
> >after careful study of a detailed topographic map of
> >the area.
>
> My Dutch, Flemisch or whatever it is, is not so good, but
> this is what the Baarle tourist brochure says. Maybe Bernd
> can help us out.
>
> "Midden in Baarle-Nassau liggen 22 stukjes Belgisch
> grondgebied verspreid, de zogeheden enclaves"
> This should mean: "In the middle of BN 22 pieces of Belgium
> areas are spread out, the so called enclaves."
>
> "Darnaast zijn in de gemeente 8 gebiedsdelen geheel door
> Belgisch territorium omgeven."
> This one I am not 100% sure about, but I think it means that
> there are 8 enclaves within the enclaves - that is also what
> I can count of the map.

This is all correct, as far as I know. But the Dutch exclave
I was referring to earlier is situated within *mainland* Belgium.
Please give me some time to scan and I'll show what I mean.

> Till Mats: Hvor bor du i Sverige?

The question means: "Where do you live in Sweden?".
I live in Lund in southern Sweden. Where are you other
guys from, by the way? Anyone living in an exclave? :)

Regards,
Mats