Subject: Re: Baarle, was: Geographic anomalies
Date: Dec 30, 2000 @ 21:15
Author: Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen ("Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

>< I did know of the Dutch enclaves within Belgium.

>Plural? Are there more than one? I managed to find one
>after careful study of a detailed topographic map of
>the area.

My Dutch, Flemisch or whatever it is, is not so good, but this is what the Baarle tourist brochure says. Maybe Bernd can help us out.

"Midden in Baarle-Nassau liggen 22 stukjes Belgisch grondgebied verspreid, de zogeheden enclaves"
This should mean: "In the middle of BN 22 pieces of Belgium areas are spread out, the so called enclaves."

"Darnaast zijn in de gemeente 8 gebiedsdelen geheel door Belgisch territorium omgeven."
This one I am not 100% sure about, but I think it means that there are 8 enclaves within the enclaves - that is also what I can count of the map.

Jesper

Till Mats: Hvor bor du i Sverige?