Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Geographic anomalies
Date: Dec 30, 2000 @ 18:03
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

arif & mats earlier

>> I don't think it is an integral part of France. If it
>> was, I would consider it an exclave as St Pierre et
>> Miquelon's territorial waters are surrounded by
>> Canadian water, which is very rare.
>> http://www.st-pierre-et-miquelon.com/english.html is a
>> good site.
>
>Just a short comment; on the above-mentioned site there
>is some information referring to St P et M as a
>"CollectivitÈ Territoriale" and not an overseas
>department, such as for example Guadelope and Reunion.
>See http://www.st-pierre-et-miquelon.com/Domtom.html

yes this is a little strange
perhaps a new wrinkle since my 1997 info
which left me pretty sure it was a full department
as it was also said to be when i last visited there

so it might be only a ghost enclave or quasi enclave by some definition

still st pierre actually looked & felt much more like the real france than
did cayenne or st martin for example