Subject: Re: new inpk map & cninpk in the news etc
Date: May 06, 2003 @ 23:49
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

apologies & reparations for the unintended double post

the new cia map referred to in the article appears to have been
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/kashmir
_region_2003.jpg
but there are unexplained discrepancies

& for a more complete news article
http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=23243
yet this improved version likewise doesnt quite jibe with the
above map

in any case the upshot of the purported but still unconfirmed
change in the cia perception would be that cninpk is no more
likely to fall at karakoram pass than at indira col
which you may recall was the alternative cninpk position given on
the detail map in the sandia link below

& for an expedition to indira col
via the intervening siachen glacier
http://www.indmount.org/imfindracol.html

so at least we now have visits to both of the most major
probabilities while we wait for some confirmations

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"

http://www.cmc.sandia.gov/Links/about/papers/SAND980505-20/