Subject: tripoint buoy still just a dream
Date: May 03, 2003 @ 23:05
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/20051m_040201/georgi
afinal.doc
gives particulars of the georgia turkey territorial sea boundary
demarcation
from the 1983 soviet turkish agreement

a single spar buoy 400 meters offshore is aligned with range
lights projected seaward from just above the shoreline
& tho these lights are visible on clear days & nights along the full
length of the territorial sea boundary & beyond
there are evidently no other buoys anywhere on the boundary
contrary to the expectation created by the 1973 sutu agreement
& hence none to mark the tripoint of georgia & turkey with
everyones land
contrary to the hope expressed below

so
not only may this single buoy be the only international boundary
buoy in the world
but we must continue to wait for the creation of the worlds first
tripoint buoy

the long anticipated algrmk buoy projected for lake prespa may
still be our best hope

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> thanxx & bravos martin
> not just for being first but especially for catching sight of the
> singularity of it all
>
> inspired me to hunt down the original 1973 sutu territorial sea
> agreement & found it explicitly ordered these markers for this
> straight line boundary too
>
> so i am encouraged to hope & even expect that the buoy at the
> seaward end of the series will prove to be not just a border
buoy
> but a tripoint buoy as well
> marking the meeting place of the seaward limits of georgia &
> turkey with the landward limits of everyones land &or water
> & will thus present another first & another singularity
>

> cant help wondering tho why such an obviously enlightened
> arrangement never got replicated elsewhere by the parties
> who both had plenty of other coastal neighbors to promote it on
> nor ever got emulated by any other pair of coastal neighbors in
> the world
> so many years & agreements later
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Pratt"
> <m.a.pratt@d...> wrote:
> > I understand that the Georgia-Turkey territorial sea boundary
is
> > marked with buoys and lighting equipment. As far as I'm
aware