Subject: Re: TNGA pictures
Date: Apr 21, 2003 @ 02:54
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

very neat
our first report of a perfect building corner bisection
& our first apparently coincidental tripoint

which reminds me
if you then or now head out of that parking lot
& turn east on ga hwy 60 toward pantertown
while consulting pages 25a & 25b of jacks book
tristate corners in the united states
which is hanging in the bp files section under parsell
the fifth item from the bottom
you can actually or virtually be at the ganctn tristate point in 5
minutes

it is not exactly the easiest tripoint to find tho
even with the best of guides
but definitely fun to try if you are in the neighborhood

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Joe Isham
<gridlockjoe@a...> wrote:
> I have uploaded my pictures of McCaysville, Georgia, and
Copperhill,
> Tennessee to the files section.

?.dir=/TNGA&.view=t

> These pictures were taken in the parking lot of Hometown
Foods, a corner of
> which is bisected by the state boundary.
>
> Topo map:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=2&s=11&x=1850&
y=9686&z=16&w=1

> Looking west toward the Copper Emporium, Georgia is to the
left and
> Tennessee to the right.
>
> Looking east toward the grocery and the church (in the
background),