Subject: Re: OKTX --finally! figures
Date: Apr 18, 2003 @ 18:19
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Flynn, Kevin"
<flynnk@r...> wrote:
> That's fine by me, because it has nothing to do with it. I give you
an F in
> measuring a boundary.
>
> > ----------
> > From: Brian J. Butler[SMTP:bjbutler@b...]
> > OK, I give up. And I give you an F in fractal geometry.
> > BJB

very poignantly done you guys
tho class e as in elusive is normally as low as we grade here
or
well
class ee or eee i suppose
in extremest circumstances
& the grades are usually self administered
& descriptive only of the degree of success inherent in the try

for a properly bp evaluation tho
we really need to return to the original question
dont we
which was
which state shares the longest border with another state

now please think about that one more time

what a perfectly absurd question

& that of course is its greatest beauty

so heres a grade of class aaa for craig
since obviously the question cant be answered in the first place

certainly not by mentioning any single state
which is after all what it expressly requires you do

for just as obviously as the answer must consist of 2 states
equally obviously 1 & only 1 is sought

so from the start it was already a question not of answering the
question itself but of first transforming it into an answerable
format
just as it hasnt really been a question of measuring the border
itself so much as first transforming it into an estimable format

so anyway i think we should all grade ourselves class e
except for craig
& maybe i will give myself class d
for at least catching sight of this final & original irony