Subject: Re: Besaide: ES2ARBIGI
Date: Mar 21, 2003 @ 13:58
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

thanx

esthetically pleasing as well as rare to find an entity with a single
yet comprehensive multipoint

luxembourg is a world class exemplar

to stand on such an unusual point is to truly be in everyones land
at once
in relation to that entirety

nice idea to enshrine those who died having fun too

& at just such a universal place

multibravos

also you may of course point to what you dont like
but i think you & we will feel better if you point to what you do like

in fact i feel better already just pointing that out

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> Besaide is the place where the three provinces of the Basque
> Autonomous Community (Biscay, Gipuzkoa, and Araba) meet.
A picture
http://www.alpino-tabira.org/salidas/besaide.html .
> The monument has been put up there to honour all
mountaineers who
> died while climbing. The first monument was set up in 1955, to
> commemorate four Basque mountain climbers that died while
climbing
> Mont Blanc in 1953. This monument was replaced by the
current one in
> 1991.
> Next sunday, there is a walk towards the monument, a special
walk, to
> support the Basque newspaper Euskaldunon Egunkaria,
which was closed