Subject: Re: CA-US: Zero Ave Report
Date: Mar 21, 2003 @ 02:36
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

ok doug i think i understand so far
but then why mention it

why are you inviting our attention again here to these topics
or nontopics as the case may be

or maybe
since it isnt multipointing as usual
can you just say flat out what you like about any of this

i ask because i really dont get the point
or the cheers in this case
tho i do know you mean well & wish us well

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray
<doug@d...> wrote:

> March 20, 2003
>
> After several hours of watching the events in Iraq unfold on my
TV
> this morning, I decided to switch it all off. I found I spent more
time
> flipping between the channels: BBC - CNN - CTV - CBC - RFO
St. Pierre!
> -
> LCN - NewsWorld - ABC - CBS - NBC - Fox News Channel -
MSNBC -
> CNBC - RDI etc etc... than I did getting any information.
>
> And where to go on Day 1 of war? Why Zero Ave., of course.
>
> Not much to report, my friends. I thought there would be all
sorts of
> extra patrols and official presence. But no. At the US Customs
> building
> in Blaine, they were installing huge scanners or x-ray devices
in
> the truck lanes. And I saw a couple of guys poking around a
> service box of some sort -- probably the phone company. And I
think
> there are some new cameras.
>
> But there were no huge line ups, only one Border Patrol
vehicle