Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: What is Cölbe?
Date: Feb 28, 2003 @ 07:36
Author: chris schulz ("chris schulz" <23568@...>)

Hi,

as i know they claim to be the centre of the european community, when estonia, poland, czechia, hungary, slowenia and cyprus become members of the EU.

"Cölbe wird zum geographischen Mittelpunkt, wenn mit der geplanten Erweiterung  Estland, Polen, Tschechien, Ungarn, Slowenien und Zypern in die EU aufgenommen sind"

I asked the "Institut für theoretische Geodäsie in Bonn" about that method of measuring, but until now didn t get an answer.

jan documented the centre of europe close to Purnuskes (really hard to find, i was there 1993), thats ca 25 km north-west of vilnius in lithuania:
http://home.no.net/enklaver/other.htm

harry documented the centre of the "old" european community:
http://leden.tref.nl/~veenhh/borderland/europa/viroinval.htm

regards, chris