Subject: Re: Continent border
Date: Feb 25, 2003 @ 02:29
Author: anorak222 <listen@wschwanke.de> ("anorak222 <listen@...>" <listen@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell <kevin@m...> wrote:
> Incidentally, it would seem that Germany had a large presence in Oceania in
> the late-nineteenth/early-twentieth century, but I've never really found
> much information about this.

Here's a list of all colonies that Germany had, with some statistics:
http://www.dhm.de/lemo/html/kaiserreich/aussenpolitik/kolonien2/

> Indeed, it would seem that few Germans are
> even aware they were involved in the region in the past.

There's not a lot of legacies left of them in everyday life, contrary to some other European countries whose modern culture is very much influenced by their former colonial empires.

Regards