Subject: Re: Palindromic placenames?
Date: Feb 21, 2003 @ 00:23
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Francisco <xuax@n...>"
<xuax@n...> wrote:
> With your messages I learned what palindromic names are.
> Now I have a question, with an example.
> In Portugal there is a village called Amor. That is Roma (Rome) in
> reverse. I guess this is not palindromic. But what it is?
> Other question, is this subject of placenames also discuted in BP?
> Francisco,
> Portugal

ah francisco
here is your question i misunderstood previously in my haste
so apologies
& another try at answering it

the subject of place names isnt really the focal topic of bp
but rather only the multipoints & our visits to them expressly are
as you probably saw or will see on the bp home page

but we rarely keep to the express topic anyway
& anything anyone really likes is welcome here in everyones land
anyway
& we do get into names a lot just because things do have names
& if they dont have names then we often have to give them names
& also since many of us are interested in the names & meanings of
things anyway

indeed some members are quite particular about even getting all the
accent marks in a name right too

others like myself ponder endlessly over the true names of the
multipoints & what they might mean
just as i do over the places i find myself in
such as islamorada here
which you probably instantly realize means purple island
tho i hadnt discovered that myself til very recently
etc

but basically we are all just enjoying ourselves here
& i hope you find that understandable & comfortable
even if it is admittedly a little strange

regards