Subject: Re: Île Verte
Date: Feb 06, 2003 @ 16:32
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Pratt" <m.a.pratt@d...>
wrote:
> Below are some extracts from the analysis of the Canada-France
maritime
> boundary in the American Society of International Law's
authoritative
> series "International Maritime Boundaries". As far as the long-
running
> boundarypoint discussion on this boundary is concerned, the key
comment
> is at the end of the first paragraph: "Turning points 4 and 5 are
fixed
> on the low-water marks of Canadian islets in the Little Green Island
> group, a rather unusual feature for a maritime boundary. These
islets
> are the westernmost of the Canadian offshore features." This
suggests to
> me that while there is land territory immediately on one side of the
> boundary, there is no actual land boundary....

it also seems to me to confirm that this is a purely maritime
boundary without any applicability to land even if it should happen
to cross a spot of land here or there at lowest or any tide

also
there only seems to be this very slight glimmer of a real
metaboundary probability here anyway
but i continue to wish there may actually be one such

more comments intertwingled below

> When I get an opportunity, I will have a look through Peter
Beazley's
> technical report (published in Vol. 31 of International Legal
Materials)
> and see if he has any comments on relationship between the boundary
and
> the Little Green Island group.

great interest here
thanx

> arc seconds. 71 The line of delimitation was illustrated on the
> largest-scale chart of the area available, Canadian Chart No. 4490.

can this be ordered up as such

i agree generally with the above suggested conclusion
but plotting & connecting points 3 4 5 & 6 on this map might actually
settle the question of whether maritime cafr could cross dry land
at mean sea level anyway