Subject: Re: Monaco Border marked?
Date: Feb 05, 2003 @ 15:16
Author: anorak222 <listen@wschwanke.de> ("anorak222 <listen@...>" <listen@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> RE: [BoundaryPoint] Monaco Border marked?A border marker can be seen at http://www.nicolette.dk/borderbase/border.php?c1=95&c2=50.
>
> But how many are they?
> Are they numbered?
> Are they placed at other places than roads?

I'm surprised there even are any. When I was there last time in 1991 I tried to find the border on purpose in one of the suburbs up the mountain using a map. I believe I found it, but there was no marker at all. In general, the sovereignty of Monaco is very toned down. In daily life it feels like just another suburb of Nice, France. Very different from other small states such as Vatican or San Marino, where the statehood is proudly featured.

Regards