Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: re indexing
Date: Jan 30, 2003 @ 01:16
Author: John Seeliger ("John Seeliger" <jseelige@...>)

From: Bill Hanrahan
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 6:06 PM

I'm all for it...as long as we done lose anything (or at least, lose much) in the process...!

Bill

Nothing should be lost, because it would keep the same Yahoo! group and new messages would then be archived in the gmane server.  I read the part about indexing old messages in and it seems that they would need to be in a certain format and I do not know if they could be added, but even if not, the Yahoo! group would still go on undisturbed.  All that would have to be done is someone would have to fill out the form at http://gmane.org/subscribe.php after a name for the gmane group were chosen.  http://news.gmane.org/ shows the hierarchies they have. http://gmane.org/import.php shows the formats they will accept for importation purposes.  Does anyone have all of the messages in a Unix mbox format?