Subject: Re: re indexing
Date: Jan 29, 2003 @ 18:56
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

john

> to use gmane. The way it works is
> gmane would effectively subscribe to the yahoo group and they
would create a
> newsgroup possibly called gmane.boundarypoint and then
people could read
> boundarypoint messages either there or through email. They
archive messages
> and there is a search engine. If you want to see what the
groups on gmane
> look like, add an account news.gmane.org to your newsreader
and subscribe to
> some of the groups to see what it looks like.

sounds great so far but i dont know what a newsreader is & dont
think i have one & am getting ready to leave here anyway
so
if you or anyone wants to pursue at least investigating this further
you would certainly have my enthusiasm

People post to these groups
> either by posting to the appropriate mailing list (which results
in a copy
> being sent to the newsgroup for reading and archiving) or
people can post to