Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: re indexing
Date: Jan 29, 2003 @ 17:29
Author: John Seeliger ("John Seeliger" <jseelige@...>)

From: <orc@...>
To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 9:56 AM
Subject: [BoundaryPoint] Re: re indexing

> wow great news i think
> what do you think john
> what do you all think
> are there downsides as well as these upsides
>
> captain bill
> what say
> should we do it
> effectively secede bp from yahoo
>
> & maybe even somehow create everyones land at the same time

I don't think it is necessary to secede to use gmane. The way it works is
gmane would effectively subscribe to the yahoo group and they would create a
newsgroup possibly called gmane.boundarypoint and then people could read
boundarypoint messages either there or through email. They archive messages
and there is a search engine. If you want to see what the groups on gmane
look like, add an account news.gmane.org to your newsreader and subscribe to
some of the groups to see what it looks like. People post to these groups
either by posting to the appropriate mailing list (which results in a copy
being sent to the newsgroup for reading and archiving) or people can post to
the newsgroup which results in it being sent to the mailing list (though
this feature can be turned off to restrict access, I think)